Make sure you are eligible before applying
Who is the London Program for?
The Mountbatten London Program aims to transform the lives and careers of young professionals and recent graduates, helping them to jump-start their careers when they return home post-Program.
This is a cultural exchange program and Mountbatten Program are approved Tier 5 visa sponsors.
All Trainees must fulfil the following Tier 5 visa and Mountbatten Program eligibility requirements:
If you are unsure whether you meet the requirements below, please contact your admissions team to confirm.
If you are interested in applying for the London Program you must not be a citizen of a European Union (EU) or a European Economic Area (EEA) country.
Applicants must also not hold dual nationality with the UK.
The Program is open to all other nationalities.
United States applicants with "Permanent Resident" (Green Card) status or holders of dual nationality where one country is an EU country, outside of the UK, are advised to contact their local admissions office before applying.
All applicants must have highly proficient verbal and written English language skills to undertake both their placement and their academic course.
For candidates whose first language is not English, any of the following certificates or scores may be provided to serve as a guideline for proficiency to begin the application process:
- IELTS (academic) 6.5 overall with no less than 5.5 in any section
- TOEFL minimum 575 on paper-based and 90 on internet-based
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- Cambridge Certificate Proficiency (CPE)
- Test of English for Educational Purposes (TEEP)
- GCSE English grade C or above
- Pearson Test score of 58 for English Academic or Level 5 General
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
Applicants must have:
- An undergraduate degree
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or above, for those graduating from an American institute of higher education, or equivalent from your home country
Applications are also accepted from current university students, providing the applicant is scheduled to graduate before beginning the Mountbatten Program.
MBA applicants that have undertaken the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) are encouraged to include their score as part of their application.
Applicants must demonstrate a minimum of three to six months full-time professional (office/administrative) work experience to fulfil eligibility requirements.
- Work experience can be accumulated in several positions, and may have been acquired before, during, and/or after relevant academic studies.
- Work experience must be related to one of the areas we offer placements in: Finance, Event Management, HR, IT, Law, Marketing/Communications or Non-Profit.
- Voluntary/unpaid work can count towards the required three to six months.
- Retail, restaurant, bar/pub work cannot be counted.